VETURI respects the privacy of visitors to the website, recipients of newsletters, and other data subjects. We ensure that the personal data you provide us with is treated confidentially. Personal data is processed in compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We never sell personal data to third parties.
1. Collection of information
We may access, collect, and/or store the following information:
1.1 Information you provide to us or our service providers through our websites, or otherwise includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, telephone numbers, email address, and billing and mailing address.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your photograph, personal bio, your interests, travel preferences, activities, lifestyle preferences, and favorite hotels or destinations.
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card details and billing address.
- Publicly-available information, including comments describing support for and experience with our websites and information that you or others publish on social media, testimonials, blogs or other forums, such as tweets, comments, photographs, or video or audio content.
- Transaction informationbased on your activities on our website, such as details about reservations you make through VETURI.
- Registration information, details about your participation in loyalty or awards programs (such as hotel rewards programs) and applicable membership numbers
1.2 Information we collect from third parties. We may collect information from third parties. For example, if you make a hotel booking through VETURI, the hotel will notify us if you did not complete your stay. We may verify this information with a service provider or combine your information with information we collect from other companies.
1.3 Information collected automatically. We, our service providers, and other third parties may automatically collect information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through our websites. The information that may be collected automatically includes:
- Device data, such as your device’s hardware, model and screen resolution, your browser type, device identifier (e.g., Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), your IP address and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, links you click, access times, and length of access; the website that referred you to VETURI, if applicable, and whether you opened our email and how long you had it open.
1.4 Cookies and other tracking technologies.
2. Use of the information we collect
- To facilitate your hotel booking, including to collect your name, payment card information and other details and provide this information to the hotel or hotel’s service provider.
- To operate our websites, including to:
- make hotel reservations and communicate with you about your reservations
- establish and maintain your account and user profile on our websites
- provide services and customer support you request
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
- To communicate with you, including to:
- inform you about our services, updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- send you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- respond to your requests, questions and feedback
- send you VETURI marketing newsletters as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt out of or decrease the volume of our marketing and promotional communications
- For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety,including to:
- audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims)
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern our websites
- protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity
- For research and development.We analyze use of our websites to analyze, improve our websites, and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of our websites.
- To display advertisements.We work with advertising partners to display advertisements across the web. These advertisements are delivered by our advertising partners and may be targeted based on your use of VETURI or your activity elsewhere online. To learn more about your choices in connection with advertisements, please see the section below titled “Targeted online advertising.”
- To comply with law.We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- With your consent.In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
3. How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers. We may employ third party service providers to perform services on our behalf such as, couriers or shippers, credit card processors, marketing or research providers, web hosting and email service providers, and other data processors.
- Other users of our websites and the public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of VETURI or the public. For instance, you may maintain a user profile with information about yourself that you can make available to other users or the public. You may also be able to submit content to VETURI (such as comments, reviews, and photos), and we will display your name, username, and a link to your user profile along with the content you submit.
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
- Business transfers. We may disclose or transfer your personal information in connection with or during the negotiation of a financing, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar corporate event, or the sale of all or some of VETURI’s assets, the information that VETURI has collected, including personal information that may be transferred as a business asset
4. Protection of Personal Information
- The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
- Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your VETURI password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken on your account using your login credentials. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify VETURI and change your password.
5. Your Choices
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you are located, you may be able to submit the following requests:
- Access and amend your information. You can access your personal information in your account. You can change at any time your preferences for receiving or not receiving our emails and e-newsletters. If you wish to modify your personal information or close your account, you can do so by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below. Once your account is closed, however, you will not be able to use many of the services available on our websites, unless you re-register.
- Targeted online advertising. We work with third parties to serve ads on sites owned or operated by other companies. Some of the third parties that collect information about users’ activities on or through our websites may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior usage for purposes of targeted advertising..
- Opting out of marketing communications. You may opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us or change the volume of marketing-related emails you receive from us by following the update settings or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email or by changing your preferences in the email preference center accessible through your account settings. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails from us.
- Do-Not-Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to visited websites. We do not currently monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals, in connection with our websites.
6. Third Parties
VETURI may contain links to other websites and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. Different rules may apply to other websites, or online services. VETURI does not control the privacy policies of third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the websites, or online services that you use or visit.
7. International Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the Netherlands and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the Netherlands or other locations outside of your country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country.
VETURI is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under the age of 16, we will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
10. Contact Information
VETURI TRAVEL B.V.
11. Notice to European users
The information provided in this “Notice to European Users” section applies only to individuals in Europe.
11.2 Controller and Processor
- VETURI is a controller with respect to the personal information we collect to create and maintain consumers’ VETURI accounts or memberships, or when we interact with consumers about VETURI’s own services.
To facilitate your hotel bookings: We process personal information to facilitate your hotel booking — including by providing your name, payment card information and other reservation details to the hotel where you book your stay – as a processor, on the basis of our agreement with the hotel.
To operate our websites: Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of services or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for VETURI. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your personal information based on our legitimate interest in providing the services you access and request.
To communicate with you, for research and development, to display advertisements, for compliance, fraud prevention and safety: These activities constitute our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for these activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
To comply with law: Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
With your consent: Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or on our websites.
11.6. Retention. We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
11.7. Your rights.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located within the Europe, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete your personal information.
- Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email to info@VETURIhotels.com or no-reply@VETURIhotels.com or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline or limit your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
11.8. Cross-Border Data Transfer
If we transfer your personal information out of Europe to a country not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be performed:
- Pursuant to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses, EU-US Privacy Shield (or Swiss-US Privacy Shield, as applicable), or Binding Corporate Rules
- Pursuant to the consent of the individual to whom the personal information pertains.
- As otherwise permitted by applicable European requirements.
You may contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of Europe.
12. Online Tracking Opt-Out Guide
Like many companies online, we may use services provided by Google and other companies that use tracking technology. These services rely on tracking technologies – such as cookies and web beacons – to collect directly from your device information about your browsing activities, your interactions with websites, and the device you are using to connect to the Internet. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through these services, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser.Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org .
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings.Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers.You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, or installing browser plugins like and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use.